Dog With a Yeast Allergy

My 3 year Yorkie had a skin test and was diagnosed with yeast allergy. Her skin and ears are extremely pink (almost red) My vet put her on Sporonax 100mg and Vanectyl P which is Prednisone. I am not happy with her having all these medications in her. She is not food allergic, I was feeding her Natural Balance Duck and Potato and have now switched her to a canned food without grains. This has been going on for a long time without much results and much money spent. She becomes lethargic on the medications. I am at my wits end and very depressed over all of this, in addition to feeling so bad for my little 12 pound dog. Can anyone out there maybe help me in my situation. Would also like to home cook for her so need a good recipe. Also she is itchy especially on her paws.

Gloria from Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Answers:

Dog With a Yeast Allergy

go to this page. I have German Shepards and have been doing this for over 5 years,They also had allergies. I also give them Vit C 1000 mg every day. Read about it on web...Hope this helps.

http://www.hundmeister.com/acvbenefit.htm (09/19/2006)

By jodee

Dog With a Yeast Allergy

We had a dog who was diagoned with a topical (skin) yeast infection. Meds didn't seem to help, nor changing his diet. The vet finally had us bathe him in what they called a hydrosurge bath, followed by a vinegar rinse. Once we started that, he made a complete recovery. After the recovery, we just bathed him at home, followed by the rinse, once a week. We did splurge and take him for the hydrosurge every other month. No more problems! (09/20/2006)

By Amy.

Dog With a Yeast Allergy

My mother has a 15 lb Westie and he too has a food allergy to all dog food. He didn't react with a skin allergy, he would get an upset stomach and vomit and then become very lethargic for almost the entire day. His vet tried him on all different types of dog food. Some were prescription foods. The only remedy was boiled or baked chicken, with bones and skin removed. To some of this chicken, my mom adds well cooked carrots, and pureed beans or peas, and cooked white rice. Dog loves the food and my mom makes portions and freezes them. Dog has been doing this now for about 5 years and doing wonderful!!! Good luck on your pup. (09/22/2006)

By

Dog With a Yeast Allergy

Re my yorkie with yeast allergy. I was told not to give her carrots or white rice. Boiled chicken is fine but with vegetables, like asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, brussel sprouts, celery, green and yellow beans and spinach. Also to put two cloves of garlic in the food I cook. THen to puree all of this together including the chicken. It has only been two days that I am doing this and she seems to like it. Amazing how there are so many differences in what vegetables to give to dogs. This is why we people are so confused when we have a problem with our dogs. All vets have difference opinions. Wouldn't you agree?? THank you for your help so much. Incidentallly I had a Westie before this yorkie and she lived to 16 yrs. I loved her to peices also as they are wonderful pets. And I love this yorkie just as much. She is a darling little 12 pound bundle of joy. Get back to me when you can, re the vegetables. Thank you once again (09/22/2006)

By lexee

Dog With a Yeast Allergy

Anytime a pet itches on it's feet, I'd suspect a cleanser or pesticide contact. But, worst than that is OxiClean or chemicals used by Carpet Cleaners. They will eat a human's feet as well, especially if they are not rinsed MANY times, which few cleaning
companies will do for their customers. Unfortunately
for humans, the chemicals get into the pores of the feet skin edges through the residual on each thread
of the carpet. I'd rent a Rug Doctor and rinse the carpet five times with hot water, then clean any hard surface with which the pet is in contact. Washing the pet's feet AFTER it has been affected is too late. We must be responsible to think for them and protect their feet for obvious reasons. Never walk a pet on scorchingor freezing concrete or where fertilizer or salt/chemical has been spread, or where there is dubious conditions/treatment of the ground surface. Try to become familiar with everywhere you go and carry your innocent pet as much as possible until totally confident it is on safe ground. Even commercial establishments use strange chemicals ranging from polyurethane, waxes, oils, to harsh
soaps/bleach, tinted finishes. God bless you for taking such good care of your pets/ His Creation. : ) (09/23/2006)

By Lynda

Dog With a Yeast Allergy

P.S. Remember that there is hidden or even visable residue from Hair Spray, spray deodorants, air fresheners, and the like, just in case you might have overlooked these items which might have floated onto the dog's skin/ears. This happens to mine when I use hair spray/colognes. : ( (09/23/2006)

By Lynda

Dog With a Yeast Allergy
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Dog Eating Food From Bowl
Determining Pet's Food Allergy by Elimination Diet
Dog's Yeast Infection
Treating a Dog's Yeast Infection
🎄