Dog With an Ear Infection

How can I get rid of fungal infections in dog's ears?

By rachaelanna from Maershfield

Answers:

Dog With an Ear Infection

I went to a holistic vet who told me that if your dog is overweight or has chronic ear infections, it is allergic to corn. Is your dog's food corn based? Is it's treats or dog biscuits? I use natural apple cider vinegar that comes from a health food store to clean my dogs' ears out. It is antiseptic, anti fungal, and anti inflammatory. Use it diluted with water (about 1 tablespoon in a half-cup of water).

MOST IMPORTANT - DO NOT use regular vinegar from the grocery store. It is a pine tar derivative, not real vinegar. I use the brand Bragg's. Any health food store will carry real vinegar with the "mother" in it (that's the cloudy, live part of the vinegar). Good Luck. (08/13/2009)

By mrsschmeckman

Dog With an Ear Infection

I read on this site a while ago from a person who works in a dog kennel that they have used "Listerine" on their dogs for years. I don't want to discourage you from a vet which would probably be the best thing to do, but I was really strapped for money and I tried it, and it worked! My dog didn't have a bad infection but he had been trying to scratch his ears something fierce. I figured that if it wasn't a full blown earache it soon would be, so I soaked a cotton ball with Listerine and pressed it to his ears to let the liquid seep in gently and I did this for 3 days 3 times a day and it's been cleared up since. Hope this works for you. (08/14/2009)

By wondering

Dog With an Ear Infection

If it is truly fungal, you need a fungal cream. Anything for athlete's foot, vagisil (yeast, in woman product aisle) will work. Then feed your dog yogurt, oh about 1 tbs a day. Works wonders. Boy, and I wouldn't put Listerine or vinegar on anything sore. Ouch! Lots of luck. (08/14/2009)

By pjcustar

Dog With an Ear Infection

I heard that a few drops of strong tea in the ear 3x a day helps. I put athletes foot medicine in her ears several times a day and my dog's ear cleared up. But I should have kept it up for a longer time. I used it for a week and I guess some of the yeast stuff remained. So now I have to do it again. This time I am doing the tea and the athletes foot stuff. (08/15/2009)

By sassier299

Dog With an Ear Infection
A man scratching his ear.
Causes of Ear Itching
A woman with swimmers ear.
Treating and Preventing Swimmers Ear
Vet treating dog's ear.
Treating a Dog's Ear Infection
buzzing in your ear
Buzzing in Your Ears
🎉
🎄