Dog Yeast Infections

I am looking for information about dog yeast infections.

Janice from IL

Answers:

Dog Yeast Infections

I owned two Cocker spaniels (one now deceased) and use a product called Zymox that the veterinarian sold me. I later found it on the internet much cheaper and it comes in two formulas, with/without hydrocortizone (1.0%) and you need only treat once daily for 7-14 days depending how severe. A few drops into each ear canal and gently massage; wipe off excess in outer ear and leave alone. The infection dries up and flakes out of the inner ear. It's a great product and worked on both dogs.

Also, I make Blue Power Ear Wash which I got from the internet and it is also a great recipe and easily cleans the pet's ears with little scrubbing action. Be careful around furniture, carpet etc. as it will stain due to gentian violet ingredient. This link states it can be used as treatment of yeast infections as well, but I've never used it for that, but good luck to you and your pet(s).

qtpawzarpeggio.tripod.com (10/12/2007)

By Lorelei

Dog Yeast Infections

Have you tried yogurt with cultures? My dog loves yogurt, and if it helps humans with yeast infections, maybe it'll help dogs too. (10/15/2007)

By azDana

Dog Yeast Infections

I am assuming you mean a yeast infection in the ear. My dog was just this week diagnosed with this. I was given DV Max ointment (10/15/2007)

Dog's Yeast Infection
Treating a Dog's Yeast Infection
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Yeast
Storing Yeast
Yeast for Baking
Buying and Using Yeast for Baking
🎉
🎄