Dog is Licking Paws

I am looking for natural remedies to treat paw itching in mature dogs.

By torii from Goleta, CA

Answers:

Dog is Licking Paws

My dog licks her paws. She has allergies and I have read that this is part of the itching somewhere, but they lick paws because they can reach them. I have also found that she does this when she is nervous or bored. Have you tried using an Elizabethan collar that you buy from the pet stores, just to wear for awhile to keep your dog from making the paws sore, and give them lots of toys to keep their mind off of it, in case it is boredom. She could still be having some kind of anxiety from when your husband was in the hospital, that was probably traumatic for her as well, having the daily routine broken. My dog knows when something different takes place, even when my husband goes on a business trip. Good luck! I am also from Ky, living in VA now. Miss Ky! (09/04/2009)

By Luvmyjrt

Dog is Licking Paws

Check between your dog's 'toes' to make sure they are not inflamed. At certain times of the year they can pick up mites off the sand or grass and they seem to lodge between the toes. (09/06/2009)

By skinnyjinny

Dog is Licking Paws

Change your dog food to a better one and start Benadryl and fish oil. Look up the Benadryl dose for dogs on the internet and give a fish oil pill everyday. (09/07/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Dog is Licking Paws

My Maggie has allergies like crazy. The licking of the feet and the raw spots that are left behind from her doing so, the ear shacking and so on, and and so on. I wipe her feet every time she comes in from outside with a baby wipe now. I just started this about a week ago. Seems to be helping most of the time. She is lab and pit mix. Love her to death. (09/16/2009)

By L.JOWETT

<p