Dog with Yeast Infection

My 7 year old Dachshund has had a yeast infection all over the stomach and legs and in one ear. She keeps on licking her backside and it's gone black and she pulls herself along the ground. She's had it now for about 4 months. I've taken her to the vet 3 times and we keep getting the same antibiotics (THERIOS 750mg) and malaseb 20mg. It helped for 1 week and it came back. She doesn't eat wheat or corn in the diet and she is not over weight. I really need to get help for her, I can't take her biting and being in pain anymore.

By Emma.A from Finland

I would say that it's time to try another vet!

Hello,

Please ask your Veterinarian to refer you to your local Canine dermatologist. Ask him if there is a Veterinary College near by so you can take your baby there for an evaluation. Good luck, Also you can change Vereriarians if you are not getting any results.

I have a dog who also battles a yeast infection, mostly in his ear. We go through the same thing you do with the meds and also steroids. I hate giving these things to him. I found that fractionated coconut oil is finally clearing up his ear. I suggested you get some and rub it on all affected areas at least twice daily. It's a little slower to work than the meds, but there is no burning, seems to stop the pain, and no side affects. I buy mine from Bulk Apothecary (online), but you can get it at just about any store online or health food store.

Regular coconut oil works too, you would just have to melt it to apply. I hope it works as well for you, and remember no sugar whatsoever, it feeds yeast. Sounds like you already have made the dietary changes. I would also add probiotics (I give mine the ones we take) to get the digestive tract healthy and keep it that way. The antibiotics the vets give them kill of the beneficial bacteria. Best of luck!

Anonymous

Literally you have to starve yeast to death. I cooked lean ground beef and ground turkey and green beans in slow cooker. No carbs which are sugars. Bathed in maleseb. Organic coconut oil on skin and about teaspoon in food (she is 15 pounds). Plain yogurt in food, fish oil, probiotic. No treats unless no carbs like a bite of turkey. It can literally take six months because the yeast is in the gut! My rescue dog was black and had beefing elephant skin from yeast. She is beautiful and yeast free now. Today I feed her grain free kibble and grain free fish canned. But you have to kill it first. Sometimes vets hunk you are crazy. But it worked.

Anonymous

I hear that coconut oil is a home remedy

Antibiotics makes yeast infections worse. No oatmeal baths. Try Braggs apple cider vinegar bath. 4 tbsp to 2 cups water. Massage in. Feed 1 tbsp of plain yogurt..natural..not sweetened. Once a day. You will see a difference.

You have to stop antibiotics! They will just make it come back ten times worse! Use a dandruff shampoo twice a week and let the lather sit on for 10 minutes before rinsing. You must change the diet. I have a holistic dr where I buy my food but you can also make the dogs food, 70% chicken breast and 30% kale and zucchini (green). I can also help you with a place to get human grade fungal supplements with free treatment planning and follow up