Dogs Pooping in Their Bed

I have two 1 year old Beagle puppy brothers. They are not potty trained, but they do use potty pads very well. My biggest issue is that they constantly poop on their bed. I've had to buy 3 new beds for them.

We always buy a large bed definitely big enough for the both of them to have room to spread out and be comfortable and they actually like sleeping together. We wash the bed cover once a week so it's always fresh and they love to rub their faces in the bed when it comes out of the dryer.

First their bed was in a huge crate. They started pooping on it. We assumed the crate was the issue even though it's big enough to fit like 3 German Shepherds. So we moved the bed next to ours and it didn't change anything. Except now they pee on it too.

They do get taken out every few hours. The whole time we've had them (since they were 8 weeks old) either my fiance or I have been able to stay home (ie., if he works I don't and vice versa) so they're basically never in the crate unless they do something really bad, like chew up my bathroom door while I take a 45 minute nap even though they were not confined to the bathroom.

Anyway. Why are my dogs pooping in the one place they really shouldn't?

Answers

Dogs usually don't defecate where they eat or sleep. You need to take them to a vet to see if there are physical issues.