Dollhouse Furniture and Decoration

Hello, again TF members. I am making a dollhouse for my granddaughter. I am making the furniture out of wood and cardboard boxes, but I am stuck on the sofa and bathroom. The doll is about 5 inches. Would anyone have any instructions or pictures that they could help me with this project? Once again many thanks.

By H.arnott from U.K

Answers:

Dollhouse Furniture and Decoration

I was just reading a blog where the lady (her name is Disney) made dollhouse furniture using cardboard boxes. Her blog site is: Ruffles and Stuff. She's very good at what she does. She even made "people" to go with it. Hope this helps you. (11/16/2009)

By castleberrycc

Dollhouse Furniture and Decoration

We have just finished making our little girl a dollhouse for Christmas. It needed to be durable because she is pretty boisterous. I made the sofa and armchairs by cutting blocks of foam (available from craft/sewing shops) and then covering them in felt (no hemming required!) in pretty colours, and then hand stitching the blocks to one another to make the sofa shape. Felt is very finger friendly and sponge cleans a treat. The lightness of the foam means even if it gets chucked around, nothing (or no-one) gets broken. For the bed, I pinched some long, flat wooden blocks from her blocks set, and masking-taped them together before covering them in felt and stitching as before. I made a headboard from half a large yogurt tub lid also felt covered. Cut up yogurt lids and milk cartons are stronger than card.

We have saved mini frames from Christmas crackers and mini flowers off cards to pop in thimbles for decoration. The curtains are made from strips of wide ribbon. We painted the walls with tester pots, and wallpapered some rooms and floors with wallpaper samples free from B and Q, they have some ditsy prints in the kids rooms section. It has been lots of fun, and time spent together. I look forward to involving my little one in making the tables and chairs for the dining room, quality time! I must admit though, I bought a kitchen set. (12/23/2009)

By Devonbelle

Dollhouse Furniture and Decoration
Finding the Value of Conant Ball Furniture
An old fashioned kitchen in a dollhouse
Furnishing a Dollhouse
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
🎉
🎄