Donating Fabric, Sewing Supplies, and Yarn

I am looking for a place to donate fabrics, sewing supplies, and yarn near me. I just moved to zip code 32837, so I'm not familiar with the area much. All of my fabrics are new and clean, stored in containers in a closet in a smoke free home. Churches, women's clubs, etc. would be considered. Any ideas how to go about this?

This church in your area accepts them:

https://www.con … ce-opportumities

Put an ad in Freecycle or Craigslist. You can specify that you would prefer a church or women's group.

just put an ad on craigslist-you'll have takers. or there is hunters creek nursing and rehab or parks healthcare and rehab

i believe you have asked your question at the right place as ThriftyFun responders are always ready to help. Please be sure to call any organization before paying a visit as some may not have any use for this material (save time and gas).

You will probably find some very good suggestions from some previous questions and answers:

http://www.thri … ft-Supplies.html

Check for a local chapter of Project Linus in your area. They make blankets/quilts/afghans for children in hospitals, disasters, children who have lost parents in the military, etc. They usually accept donations. I crochet afghans for our chapter and get most of my yarn through their donations while some of the ladies make gorgeous quilts out of donated fabric. A very worthy cause.