Donating Fabric and Sewing Items to Charity

Were can I donate fabric and sewing items to charity?

You can certainly call a charity of your choice to see if they would take your donation. I have found that many senior centers and some childcare centers take items like this also. Goodwill or The Salvation Army are good ones too.

I would go to a nursing home. It would give the residents something to do.

Check online for a local chapter of Project Linus....they make quilts and afghans for children in hospitals, in need, children who have lost parents in the military. Go online to www.Project Linus and you can find the chapters in your area. I crochet afghans for them and basically used donated yarn that is given to them. Fabric is also donated and I have some ready to turn into blankets also. It's such a worthy cause.

Fabrics and sewing goods are always welcome items at nursing homes, any church thrift store, and of course all of the big name charities but I personally give my items to my local Hospice Thrift Store.

I feel like I know just where the money is going to be used as Hospice does such wonderful work in caring for the terminally ill.

Hospice cared for my late husband and my daughter-in-law and they were truly wonderful.

We were never charged (even for a long time stay) and from my understanding there is never a cost to the patient or their family for their services.

If I am incorrect in my information, I truly hope someone will make the correction.

Take to a thrift store or church. School art teachers are always on the prowl for craft items like fabric to use for art projects.