Donating Fabrics

I have a large box of old, ripped clothes and other fabrics that I would like to donate to someone for a project instead of throwing them away. They have been in the attic, I am in the middle of a move, and I don't have a washer or dryer here, so ideally I would donate them dusty and you could wash them. I am willing to deal with it if I know they'll go to something good instead of a landfill though.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Donate to Goodwill. They shred them, or so I have read.

Condition of the fabrics would make a difference as to what charity would/could use them. Most of these facilities have no way to wash/clean anything so that would cause a problem.

Do you have Free Cycle in your area?

I know they have free listings and someone may be able to use what you have. Craigslist also has a place for giving away free "stuff". Just be careful and not give personal information to anyone.

Better Living Charity AdviceJanuary 10, 2017
🍀
💘
You are viewing the mobile version of this page: View Desktop Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 3:20:40 PM on 10.0.0.74 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.