Double Bag to Prevent Freezer Burn

I love using zip lock bags for freezing meats and sauces, but do not like the expense. I also double the bags when freezing to prevent freezer burn. So, I first put the sauce or meat into a recycled plastic or waxed bag, and close it with tape or twist tie. Then, I put the bagged food into the zip lock. By doing it this way, I'm able to reuse the zip lock over and over again.

By Carla from Greensboro, NC

Answers:

Double Bag to Prevent Freezer Burn

Great idea! One more use I can put all those plastic grocery bags to. Not to mention bread bags and cereal box wax paper. Thanks! (09/05/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Double Bag to Prevent Freezer Burn

Just make sure the recycled bag has never contained any meat products before. Otherwise, you can risk getting food poisoning. Take it from one who knows, it's a lot cheaper to buy bags, than to pay for a trip to E.R. :-( (01/20/2010)

By WildIrish

Double Bag to Prevent Freezer Burn
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Double Sided Tape
Uses for Double Sided Tape
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎉
🎄