Drafty Window Tips

Here is a simple way to keep cold drafts from coming in your windows. Roll up some sheets of newspaper into a small tube, tape the ends, and place it in the bottom of the window where the cold air comes in. The newspaper blocks the cold air, and the room stays warmer. Just make a new roll every month or so. This saves a lot on heating costs.

By Laurie from Portland, OR

Drafty Window Tips

I've also used fabric rolls stuffed with pillow stuffing in places where you want it to be a little more decorative. The only thing about the blue tape is that it's not as tight a seal, but the duct tape takes off your paint, so it's hard to decide sometimes. (11/20/2009)

By Allison5

Drafty Window Tips

I found that if you take a clear plastic bag, a white garbage bag should work, cut into 3-4 inch strips, place in the bottom, and open your window and shut it down on the plastic that this seals the air around the glass frame. I also put strips in my window track. Helped me. (11/21/2009)

By looklady

Drafty Window Tips
Window Screen
Alternate Uses for Window and Door Screens
Window Air Conditioner
Winterizing a Window Air Conditioner
Window Screen
Removing Paint From a Door or Window Screen
Window Jack O'Lantern
Making a Window Jack O'Lantern