Drawing Names for Christmas Gifts

Category Gifts
A great way to give meaningful gifts in a large family or group of friends is to have a drawing. This guide is about drawing names for Christmas gifts.

Since my family has grown to (so far) a total of 23, we decided in January to draw names and choose to buy at garage sales or thrift shops.The highest one can go is $10.00, the lowest $5.00. You can add to your present but it has to come out of a drawer from your home, such as kitchen, sewing, or junk. My grand kids are having a great time and my new daughter-in-law is excited to see what she gets.

By Marilyn from Lewisburg, TN

That is a precious idea! Completely in keeping with the season. Bless you for sharing.

My family has decided to draw names for Christmas gifts this year. My retired parents were still buying for myself and my four sisters, our husbands and 10 grandchildren. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars, they (and all of us) drew the number of names to match how many we have in our family. We are limiting the expenditure to $25 per person. This will make the holidays much less stressful and a lot more economical. It is also more fun to focus in on a few gifts rather than trying to buy for the masses.

Amy

My family rotates names (there are 4 of us). I made a chart, so you know all year who you'll be buying for, just in case you see something "perfect." We always buy for the kids, but it stops at age 18.