Drawing Names for Christmas Gifts

A great way to give meaningful gifts in a large family or group of friends is to have a drawing. This guide is about drawing names for Christmas gifts.

October 16, 2007 Flag

Since my family has grown to (so far) a total of 23, we decided in January to draw names and choose to buy at garage sales or thrift shops.The highest one can go is $10.00, the lowest $5.00. You can add to your present but it has to come out of a drawer from your home, such as kitchen, sewing, or junk. My grand kids are having a great time and my new daughter-in-law is excited to see what she gets.

By Marilyn from Lewisburg, TN

That is a precious idea! Completely in keeping with the season. Bless you for sharing.

This is such a GREAT idea in so many ways. I know that this would work for my family. Thanks for sharing!

November 10, 2000 Flag

My family has decided to draw names for Christmas gifts this year. My retired parents were still buying for myself and my four sisters, our husbands and 10 grandchildren. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars, they (and all of us) drew the number of names to match how many we have in our family. We are limiting the expenditure to $25 per person. This will make the holidays much less stressful and a lot more economical. It is also more fun to focus in on a few gifts rather than trying to buy for the masses.

Amy

My mom's side of the family has done this for as long as I can remember! We always made it where the kids (12 and under) drew kids and adults drew adults. My dad side has the kids (14 and under) draw names. The women buy women gift and men buy men gifts, then they number them and draw. Nothing over $20 usually.

This works very well, there are 9 brotehers and sisters on my dad's side (most of them have 2 or more kids), and there is 7 brothers and one sister on my mom's side (each has 3 more more kids), plus greatgrandkids on both sides.

All together (if they was still alive) my dad's mom and dad has 24 grand kids and 13 great grand kids.

My mom's mom and dad has 20 grand kids and 6 great grand kids.

My family rotates names (there are 4 of us). I made a chart, so you know all year who you'll be buying for, just in case you see something "perfect." We always buy for the kids, but it stops at age 18.

Here's the site I found:

http://www.secret-gift.com/Home.aspx

Holidays and Parties Christmas GiftsMarch 4, 2013
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
girl drawing while traveling on a train
Making an On the Go Drawing Kit
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts
🎉
🎄