Dressing Up a Bathroom Mirror

Category Bathroom
A plain bathroom mirror over a sink.
Many bathroom mirrors are plain unframed glass kept in place with small uninteresting clips. Get creative and spruce up that large expanse of glass. This is a guide about dressing up a bathroom mirror.

I have an unframed mirror in my bathroom that I would like to "dress up." Does anyone have any ideas, other than making a frame out of wood for it?

Karen

Best Answer

Use some fabric and get a window curtain bracket, mount it above the mirror like it is a window. and swag the fabric over it and down each side just like you were doing for a window. Easy to take down and wash, or change seasonally. Also works well with silk flower vines/ivy and a more decorative curtain rod.

Best Answer

I would make a mosaic frame using colorful broken glass, or sea shells or both. All you have to do is get a tube of calk and sort of glue them in place. Use a wet finger to smooth the calk after it has set some. You could also use tile grout. I am making a mosaic window frame right now.

Best Answer

Karen, my mother has a large mirror similar to what you are explaining. We took some wall paper border that matched her theme and cut it to fit the mirror as a border. I just wet it the same as when you apply it to the walls. I used the wide at the top and bottom of the mirror. Then on the sides I cut out the 'border' type part of the border and attached it to the sides of the mirror. I hope this helps. You can also cut out things from pics ect and glue them to the mirror. Good luck.

Best Answer

There's a do it yourself framing system called mirredge that you can get at Lowe's that's fantastic for this kind of the thing.

Best Answer

We thought about framing but preferred the look of mosaic tiles. My husband spent a total of six hours on our guest and master bath mirrors. We purchased the mesh squares at Home Depot. Yes, we had to peel them off, cut off the excess mesh with a box cutter, and even trimmed off a few tiles that didn't fit quite right. He also replaced the top screws with the plastic clips-used washers instead. The bottom clips were flattened out and then stuck the tiles directly on the mirror with silicone adhesive-no grouting. It was all worth it!