Dried Beans and Grains Owl Mosaic
An inexpensive, fun collage to make with the kids using dried foods for color and texture. This is a guide about dried beans and grains owl mosaic
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Summer is a great time to let the kids make some unique artworks. Let them make a beautiful collage of an owl, using dried seeds from the pantry. Using different textures provides an ideal opportunity for fine motor and sensory stimulation, so this activity also provides ample learning opportunities. Some good summer fun!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one collage
- provided pattern sheet
- A4 sheet of blue cardstock
- dried brown linseeds
- dried orange lentils
- dried brown beans
- dried green split peas
- dried poppy seeds
- pair of 30mm wiggle eyes
- orange and brown felt-tip pens
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Print the picture of the owl on the blue cardstock.
- Start with linseeds on the owl's face and body. Spread glue over a small part of the face. While the glue is still wet, sprinkle linseeds over the wet glue and shake off any excess linseeds. Continue until the owl's face and body has been covered with linseeds.
- Glue the two wiggle eyes in place.
- Spread glue on the wings and cover the wings with the brown beans.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Cover the owl's beak with lentils.
- Neatly cover the leaf with split peas.
- Spread glue over the twig and cover it with poppy seeds. Leave the artwork flat on the table for a few minutes before shaking off any excess poppy seeds, so that you do not end up with poppy seeds on other areas where the glue might still be wet.
- Use the orange felt-tip pen to color the owl's claws.
- Use the brown felt-tip pen to color the end of the twig.
In These Guides
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 24, 2017 at 7:17:24 PM on 10.0.1.129 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us