Drilling Glass Blocks

Will a 10 inch drill press work for drilling holes in glass blocks for Christmas decorations?

By Christibelle from Houston, TX

Answers:

Drilling Glass Blocks

We dealt with this the last two years. I tried a diamond bit, water running over bit, etc., finally took the blocks to local glass company. I paid a couple dollars a piece and they came out perfect. Perfectly round hole, etc. Glass companies have the right tools for doing this and for the price, it is well worth it. (10/28/2009)

By kkharp

Drilling Glass Blocks

Dewalt makes a diamond drill bit that will make the hole in about 3 minutes. They have different sizes, and I usually buy the 3/8 inch, and keep spraying the hole area with a water bottle and wipe it constantly with paper towel. Also rinse with warm soapy water and let air dry. The bits aren't cheap around 25.00, but if you plan on doing a lot of blocks it's well worth the money. I have bought 3 and done dozens and dozens of blocks as I make a snowman out of 2 sizes and drill 3 holes for each snowman. (01/30/2010)

By Nayzeers

Drilling Holes in Glass
Drilling Holes in Glass
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
clear and one red glass blocks
Buying Glass Blocks for Crafting
Glass Block
Crafts Using Glass Blocks
🎄