Drink Water to Lose Weight

Vote for this contest contender!

Whenever you feel hungry, drink water first. Thirst often disguises itself as hunger. After you drink, if you are still hungry, you will find that you eat less.

Source: Nutritionist friend

Thanks for the reminder! Another friend was talking about the same thing not long ago and made a few suggestions to alleviate the boredom of ordinary water. "Once in a while," she said, "have a can of soda water / club soda. It's plain water with fizz to make it more interesting." She also suggested a few drops of lemon juice or cranberry juice or even plain tea (cold) to add a bit of flavour.

I love sparking water. I buy the green Perrier bottles if I'm going to a potluck or if I'm trying to avoid drinking beer at an event. It's so refreshing. We buy 2 liter bottles for at home. My kids often add it to juice too.

I also drink tea from the same teabag all morning long. I just refill it with hot water regularly. By the end, it is barely flavored water but I don't mind. Seems so wasteful to get a new bag. :)

Thanks for the comments. Once I got away from artificial and real sugar, I started to enjoy water.