Dryer Isn't Drying Clothes

The dryer is taking two or three cycles to completely dry a load.

Brian from Hamilton, MI

Answers:

Dryer Isn't Drying Clothes

It could be either the thermostat or the heating element. You can replace them yourself. (03/11/2008)

By deebomb

Dryer Isn't Drying Clothes

I had the same problem about a year ago. Make sure that you clean out the dryer vent which runs from your dryer to the outside of your house. My husband had to take the long dryer vent apart in sections and I really gave it a good cleaning. If it is really clogged with lint it will take forever for your clothes to dry. It should be cleaned out every year. (03/11/2008)

By MCW

Dryer Isn't Drying Clothes

I don't know if you have fuses or breakers for your home electric box. My dryer had 2 fuses and one went bad and it was the heating fuse, if you have breakers, check to see if one of the breakers switched off for some reason. (03/12/2008)

Dryer Isn't Drying Clothes

Look to see if there is somewhere along your hose to the outside dryer vent that has a sag in it. Condensation will build up in there and cause water to sit there and not allow the damp air to get through easily, so it takes hours to dry a load. I had this problem one time and got about 1/2 gallon of water out when we disconnected the hose from the dryer and lifted up the part that had sagged. (03/12/2008)

By nana_katie

Dryer Isn't Drying Clothes

I would look at my heating element. Better yet call a service repair man and get "the real deal" rather then guessing. (03/12/2008)

By Paula Jo C. from Mebane, NC

Dryer Isn't Drying Clothes

I received an email recently that said it was important to wash your dryer vent if you use dryer sheets as it leaves a film on them that prevents the air flow and slows down the drying process. If you run water over your vent and it does not go through it needs to be scrubbed with a brush, rinsed and dried and put back in your dryer.

Kim from Penetang (03/14/2008)

By grammakim

Dryer Isn't Drying Clothes
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Clothes Dryer
Clothes Dryer Tips
clothes dryer
Dryer Isn't Drying Clothes
🎄