Dryer Lint for Starting Fires

Dryer lint is extremely flammable and makes a great fire starter! And, besides being FREE, it's something we all have plenty of! At this time of the year I save all the dryer lint and put it in with my newspapers, etc. that I have saved for starting a fire in my woodburning stove.

By Diane - Muskegon, MI

Answers:

Dryer Lint for Starting Fires

Sounds like a great idea to me. I was wondering though if there would be any chemical concerns with burning lint. Surely it has to be less so than with a firelog starter. (12/08/2000)

By vanurita

Dryer Lint for Starting Fires

One of my friends also uses dryer lint as a fire starter. She saves toilet paper and paper towel tubes and stuffs them full of the lint and stows it all in a basket near the fireplace. (10/01/2008)

By Trisch

Scenery: Campfire in New Hampshire, at night
Starting A Campfire
Uses for Dryer Lint
Uses for Dryer Lint
Dryer Lint Trap
Cleaning the Dryer Lint Trap
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
🎉
🎄