Dryer Sheets For Pet Hair Maintenance

Rubbing laundry softener sheets on your cat or dog will help them to shed easier, give them a nice clean scent and pick up any loose hair that they may have left on your clothes, furniture, floors, etc.

By Paula Jo Carr from Mebane, NC

Editor's Note: I'd worry about doing this with cats (and dogs that clean themselves) because they clean themselves and it may be toxic over time. Does anyone have any information about this? It does work well for picking up loose hair on clothing, furniture, etc.

Answers:

Dryer Sheets For Pet Hair Maintenance

I wonder if you would rub dryer sheets on yourself or wash yourself in Dawn or Joy as suggested in previous posts. If you wouldn't use it on yourself, why would you use it on your pet? Harsh chemicals are irritating to pet's skin. I use baby wash for my cat and dog. If it's safe for babies it's safe for my 'babies'. (09/18/2006)

By thriftyboo

Dryer Sheets For Pet Hair Maintenance

When my hair becomes fly away because of static, I grab a dryer sheet and rub it all over my head. Calms my hair right down and I never had a problem! This is very common in the winter when the heat's cranking! (09/21/2006)

By Janet from Bangor

Dryer Sheets For Pet Hair Maintenance

Petting your dog with a rubber glove on your hand will produce the same results. The rubber glove treatment will also remove pet hair from the couch.
(10/12/2006)

By Harlean from AR

Dryer Sheets For Pet Hair Maintenance

We do rub ourselves down with a dryer sheet. What do you think is on the clothes you wear everyday? The chemicals from a dryer sheet. (06/27/2008)

By Michael

Dryer Sheets For Pet Hair Maintenance

The chemicals in dryer sheets and any type of fabric softener are toxic to dogs. Minimal contact is a mild irritant, but rubbing your dog down with this stuff is a really really bad idea. I have dogs that shed, and I've used a slicker brush followed by a lint roller and it works pretty well. (10/14/2009)

By Honey

Dryer Sheets For Pet Hair Maintenance
foil ball
Alternatives To Dryer Sheets
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
🎉
🎄