Drying Roses

I am looking for free way to dry roses. Thank you for any help on this subject.

Aquarius_Justme from Ontario Canada

Answers:

How to Dry Roses?

02/25/2001

Hang them UPSIDE DOWN in a place where they might get a breeze, esp. a warm breeze. In one office where we got lots of flowers, I found that behind the copier, there's a vent. I hung roses upside-down (rubberband around the stems and paper clip through the rubberband) somewhere where they wouldn't get bumped. After a week they were hard and pretty.

By raptorrunner

How to Dry Roses?
02/27/2001

I received some long-stemmed roses and dried them by putting a rubber band around the bottom of them, attaching them to a coat hanger and hanging them upside down in the garage. They turned out just beautiful. Then my daughter brought over some dried hyderangea from her yard and made me a wall tree using a 4' artificial Xmas tree as a base and covered it completely so that you could not see the green at all. We bought an angel bowl wall vase for the bottom of the tree and put small white lights throughout the tree plus some small "robins" and a "z" (shape of design) ribbon across it. I receive never-ending compliments on it. Lori

By AZLEADFOOT2

How to Dry Roses?
03/02/2001

I tie a string to mine and hang them upside down until dry! Takes about 1 week this way.

By Diane in MICHIGAN

How to Dry Roses?
03/02/2001

Before the roses become ugly, take them out of the water, strip the remaining leaves off and group a few together with a rubber band and hang upside down in a dark place to dry. Hanging upside down keeps the stem and flower head in a straight upright position. I don't know if this is the correct way to do it, but I spray mine a number of times with clear aerosol spray ... makes them shiny and sturdy. Add some artificial greenery to your arrangement. It looks pretty and lasts for a long time and it is practically FREE since you would otherwise have thrown out dead flowers!

By Syd - Dunkirk, MD

How to Dry Roses?
03/03/2001

Yes a dehydrater will do the trick. Also, try tieing them together with a rubberband or string then just hang them upside down from a hook or make a drying rack out of wood or twigs. They will dry beautifully.

By B. Brudon

How to Dry Roses?
03/04/2001

You can also dry them in the microwave in very fine cat litter. They really retain their color this way. Just make sure that you sprinkle the cat litter in between the petals so they will hold their shape.

By marbles

Drying Roses
10/25/2005

As the roses start to fade, place them in a vase with NO water, allow to air dry (allow for plenty of circulation). Once completely dry, place in a ziplock bag. I have done this with every rose my husband has ever sent me and I plan on using the petals when our 2 daughters get married!

By Diana

Drying Roses
10/28/2005

The best way I have found to dry roses is to bundle them in no more than 5 roses somewhat loosley, and tie with double rubber bands and hang upside down in a darker room for several days or even weeks. As the roses dry the rubber bands will shrink with the stems so they won't fall out of the bundle.I use a paper clip that has been opened up and insert it in the rubber bands and then you have something to hang it from. Remove all leaves. Hope this helps.

By Connie

Pansies being pressed in a large book
Drying Flowers
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Pressed plum blossoms
How to Press Flowers
Drying Flowers in a Bridal Bouquet
Drying Flowers in a Bridal Bouquet
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 9:44:24 PM on 10.0.1.203 in 731 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.