Dyed Hair Too Bright? Tone It Down Easy at Home

If you guys are here a lot you already know what "the stylist" did to my hair. So that being said, I started experimenting with ways to bring the color down a few watts. Turns out if you wash your hair with dish soap (told you I tried everything, it removes a lot of the color. My hair has gone from Clown shoes red to geez what an unusual color to dye your hair. At least that's what my son's teacher said this morning.

The dish soap really took it down about 7 shades, so if you're dyed a normal color and hate it, it might take it right out. And it didn't dry my hair out either. And I smelled like lemons all day.

Suzanne S.

Answers:

Wash it out with Head 'n Shoulders every day. (07/17/2005)

By Sk8ter Brie

Here is the product to use: Color Oops. It's made by Developlus and you can find it at Walgreen's. I really looked like Bozo or a cartoon character with crayon red hair and the dish detergent did not do much. That stuff took all the color out I did put in. It will not get you back dark hair, but it took out the red completely and you can color immediately your desired color back in. I am happy to have my golden brown hair back and will not do anything else. PS: I am not a professional. (03/02/2008)

By Bozo, aka Angee

Dark Hair- Tone it down

To the lady who dyed her hair black and wants it to lighten, it happened to me a few years back. Honestly? Sunlight soap is your best bet. Be warned your hair will likely require some serious deep conditioning and you will have to wash with Sunlight several times (advisably not the same day), but it will definitely strip the colour. Good luck. (01/27/2009)

By StephPro