Dying Satin Shoes

Does anyone know how to remove a light pink dye from shoes? I have had 3 pairs shoes dyed, trying to make a taupe color and they turn out pink. I would like to remove the pink (which is light) and try and get a taupe color. Also, if you know how to dye satin shoes yourself and get a taupe color.

Dying Satin Shoes

I have always heard that dye on satin shoes could be bleached out. I did try it on dark green once without much luck,as it spotted.But by the color being light pink I'd say the bleach technique would work. Good luck. (09/27/2005)

By Sharon,Ky

Dying Satin Shoes

Have you tried to dip or paint them using a strong tea solution? You might not need to take out the pink at all. (09/28/2005)

By Diamondee

Dying Satin Shoes

I used to work for Payless Shoesource and they sent off for their dyed shoes. Maybe they'd have tips. If not, try a dry cleaners, seamstress, or even a high school home ec teacher. (09/28/2005)

By KLS8800

Dying Satin Shoes

I dye wedding shoes in my store where we sell all "dyeable" shoes. When I make a mistake in a color, I just bleach it out. I use a mixture of half water to half bleach. let it sit on the color for 5 min. then rinse it off under the faucet quickly. Pat it a little dry, then neutralize the bleach by applying white vinegar to the shoe. Rinse it again and let it dry. "Dyeable" shoes are made differently and can be wet without damage to the shoe. You make taupe by mixing a few drops of black to the Universal Lightner which is like water, until it is a pale gray- then add a couple of drops of brown and yellow until you reach the desired shade of taupe (09/30/2005)

By Carol

Dying Satin Shoes

Satin shoes can only be stripped of dye if they are meant to be dyed. I mean, if the fabric was originally white. Fabric that was woven as a colored fabric won't strip well, if at all. If the fabric was originally white, no problem. If not, shoes can still be died if you are going to a much darker color. Keep the original color in mind to go darker as we all know how two colors
combine to make a third. Then follow Carol's instructions (09/20/2006)

Dyeing Satin Shoes
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Satin Baby Shoes
Cleaning and Preserving Satin Baby Shoes
Removing Stains from a Satin Dress
Removing Stains from a Satin Dress