EDTA Information and Advice

Photo of a hand holding a supplement bottle.
EDTA is a chemical that binds or chelates minerals and metals so that the body can excrete them. It is also used to fortify grain based food products and in food preservation. This is a guide about EDTA information and advice.

Has anyone used any of the products containing EDTA? I have been diagnosed with 90% clogged carotids. I have no insurance to pay for surgery and ran across several ads online for products with this chemical. I have read there are tests being done with it but no definite results yet. I would appreciate any feedback anyone can give on this.

Joyce from MI

There are websites that sell edta. Type in "edta" or "chelation" or "alternative medicine" into your search engine. Look through the results. Pick over 5 companies. Then research the companies at www.bbb.org, the better business bearue/pardon my spelling. You can contact me at steveante AT sbcglobal.net

If you have been diagnosed with 90% clogged arterties, you should immediately seek out some type of help in having this medical corrected.

You might read about the Pritikin diet, and the story of the man behind it with his success at clearing out cholesterol clogs.

EDTA is an anticoagulant used in blood collection tubes for the anticoagulation of blood samples for lab testing. I am not sure that it is cleared by the FDA for human consumption!

What you probably really need to take is WARFARIN. Do not take any medications without physician oversight. Anti-coagulation (and adverse drug reactions associated with over/under medication) is a tricky subject and can have serious side affects if not properly managed (including stroke or inter cranial bleed). PLEASE SEE A PHYSICIAN! It is not thrifty to put your health at risk.