Easiest Cheese Sauce
This is a store-cupboard favourite.
- grated cheese
- flour (approx. 1 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. mustard (optional)
- Gently heat some milk and then add some grated cheese, a little at a time. Do not let it boil, just simmer.
- If it's not thick enough add a teaspoon of flour mixed with a little water to the sauce and this will thicken it.
- A little bit of English or French mustard really brings out the flavour of the cheese too.
- Add bacon, prawns, spring onions, peppers, chicken, ham, courgettes, or tomatoes. Anything you have handy.
By Monique from Somerset, UK., Weston-super-Mare
Add your voice to the conversation.