East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing Recipe (Copycat)

Vinaigrette salad dressing in a bowl
With some trial and error you can often make a good copy of your favorite restaurant salad dressing. This is a guide about East Side Mario's garden salad dressing recipe (copycat).

This is in relationship to the East Side Marios' salad dressing. I did try the dressing(s) that were listed and used canola oil and not olive oil. The salad dressing is separating. Has that happened to others than have tried the dressing? What did you do or use to counteract that?

By Joyce from London, ON Canada

Best Answer

If the dressing has oil, vinegar, mayo or such in it, it will separate. Just stir it up very well before you use it and it should be fine.

Has anyone out there figured out the recipe for East Side Mario's garden salad dressing? I love this and would really like to know how to make it at home.

Colleen from Ontario, CA

Answers:

East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing

Try this:

• 7 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 garlic minced
  • pinch salt

Play around with it a little and you might get it close (02/07/2006)

By Chris

East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing

I work at East Sides and sadly they keep the recipe very well hidden. But most of the restaurants will sell the dressing for 5 dollars, it comes in a soup bowl type package. Just to let you know.

(02/25/2006)

By Ericka from Sudbury, ON

East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing

Follow Chris' recipe and throw in a couple of chopped pickled pepperoncini peppers (seeds removed). (03/25/2006)

By Pumpkin

East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing

I used to work at East Sides and they use vegetable oil for the dressing, white vinegar, and a package of spices that comes in a bag which they add to the appropriate amount of oil/vinegar, and mix for a couple hours. The spice recipe is well guarded, and I'm not sure what's in there either unfortunately, but if anyone finds something close be sure to post it! (04/28/2006)

By Donna

East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing

I think the dressing has tarragon in it. (07/14/2006)

By Tiina

East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing

I use to work in the kitchen a few years back and made it more than I know. Just remember I use to make this in lager amounts so this is as close as I came with it and taste just about the same:)

• 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1/4 cup of veggie oil
  • 2-3 tbs of Vegata or veggie soup mix

Add and mix in blender.

This is as close as it comes since the bag of mix can not be bought at the market.

bon appetite
(11/12/2006)

By THE INSIDER

East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing

Try this one! It's so close you will think it's the one.

East Side Mario's Dressing

• 1 cup of olive oil
  • 1/2 cup of vinegar
  • 1/2 cup of lemon juice
  • 2 tsp of sugar
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 1/2 tsp of dry mustard
  • 1/2 tsp of onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp of paprika
  • 1/2 tsp of oregano
  • 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp of thyme

Now don't forget that you need to use Romaine lettuce, red onion, and the pickled hot peppers that they use to get the full flavor. Try it out tell me what ya think. (01/02/2007)

By Cavy

East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing

I tried the recipe posted by Cavy, substituting vegetable oil with olive oil. The family agreed that it had a very similar flavour to what we remembered. The Scarpone's Golden Peppers were a huge success! (01/07/2007)

By kearro

RE: East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing

East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing

I'm thinking your basic vinaigrette with tarragon, but will experiment and get back to you. (06/02/2007)

By Laurie

East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing

They make it with heavy buttermilk and mayo with the ranch dressing packet. (10/04/2007)

By name

East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing

My solution to this very problem was to ask to purchase some from the manager. $15 dollars and 4litres later I'm enjoying it at home.
Problem solved.

(10/09/2007)

By Craig

East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing

I make it all the time- using the about the same recipe as Cavy. I sometimes put additional spices for fun. (08/17/2008)

By Sandra

East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing

I have a similar recipe. Buy a small bottle of Italian dressing, add one egg and 1/4 to 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Cook on the stove until heated through and the egg is cooked. Re-bottle and refrigerate. This recipe is a tossup between East Side and Olive Garden. (02/23/2009)

By Mel

East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing

I would love the recipe myself and if you live near London or Sarnia. The closet brand I can find is from Sunripe, and it's
called Ingrid's Herb. I am totally addicted to it, tastes so close to East Side's, 3.99 for 250ml. I bought a soup bowl from East Side tonight that was $4.99. It would be so nice to have a recipe.

The ingredients in this one I buy is:
canola oil, vinegar, water, salt, dehydrated garlic, MSG, matodextrin, spices, sugar, dehydrated bell peppers, guar gum, xanthan gum, natural flavour, sodium bisolphate

Maybe that might help someone who is experimenting. (01/28/2011)

By bambury