Easter Gift Ideas

Category Gifts
Easter Gift Box With Chocolate Eggs Inside
Sometimes choosing just the right gift for someone at Easter can be difficult. This is a guide about Easter gift ideas.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a Easter gift for my son's girlfriend? I would really appreciate any ideas. She is 23 years old.

TDK from Ohio

How about tanning lotion, lip balm, flip flops theme basket

or scrapbooking embelishments theme basket

or photo album, with pics of the dear one of course

Potting soil, seeds, painted pot?

Nacho basket? Chips, salsa, etc.

Thanks for the ideas! These are things that I never thought of, my only excuse is I have no girls and my niece is still very young.

I'd say give her chocolates!!!

How about a candy bouquet. They vary in size, costs, types, etc. I had good luck with this site:

http://www.yummybouquets.com

What should I give my sister for Easter, she is very picky.

By hiandbye

Just a question...when did Easter become another gift giving time, except small Easter Baskets for children? How old is your sister?

If she is a generous soul, a donation in her honor to the local food bank or shelter would be nice. I hope this puts your list in perspective. PBP

I'd make a donation to a homeless shelter or food bank, in honor of her birthday. Either have them send her a card stating your great gesture on her behalf or you send a card telling her that you thought enough of her to let others rejoice on her behalf. We've done this 'in memory' or 'in honor of' family members or dear friends' passing. We've gotten good responses from those we sent the cards to + it helps out charities always in need. Hope this helps you out.

My son has to bring in a small Easter gift for his kindergarten classmates. I don't want to send chocolates or sweets. I was thinking of sending a couple of pieces of sidewalk chalk for each friend. Good idea? I would also like to include a little poem or phrase with it. Any ideas?

By Milena L

I think a couple of pieces of sidewalk chalk is a very nice gift. You could also include one of those little fuzzy yellow chicks, if there is supposed to be some sort of "easter" theme to the gift. It would make a change from candy treats.

In dollar stores they sell rabbits with bendy arms and legs, I would put an elastic around a couple of pieces of chalk then wrap the arms and legs of a bendy bunny around them. You could add a little note that talks about how the Easter bunny loves colour and he likes to spread this love around.

That is a good idea but not all children have a place to use it. I know my children would not be able to use it. I suggest a small container of play dough or packs of gummi bears, go to the dollar store and see what they have that all the children have a chance of using!

Does anyone have any good ideas for forcing bulbs for Easter and Mother's Day? I'd like to give the flowering bulbs as gifts. How do you do it? What kind of containers do you use?
By Sara J.

Sara,

I have never forced bulbs before so I looked through my gardening books and they offer varied ways to force bulbs. I also did a search on forcing bulbs. Here are a few of the sites that give varied instructions. I am sure that you can find atleast one that suits your needs.Do a search on each site for forcing bulbs to bring up the right page.

gardenguides.com

bhg.com (BetterHomesAndGardens)

bulb.com

sunsetmagazine.com ( click on garden then forcing link)

canadiangardening.com

I hope this helps you. Good luck forcing!

Mrs Kathy Cohen

Northfield,VT