Easy Apple Crisp

Ingredients

• 4 cups sliced apples
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 7 Tbsp. butter
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup flour

Directions

Peel and slice apples into a buttered baking dish. Add 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 cup water. Blend together butter, 1/2 cup sugar and flour until crumbly. Spread over apples and bake uncovered in 350 oven for 1 hour or until apples are tender and topping browned. Serve with ice cream, if desired.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Easy Apple Crisp

This sounds so yummy! But I have a quick question. Could I use frozen apples that I put in the freezer summer/fall 06?

Thanks (02/27/2007)

By buffalogal95

Easy Apple Crisp

I always use frozen fruit collected in the summer, I don't even blanch it first i just wash, peel, core and freeze and let defrost otherwise the crumble topping will cook before the apple

It is even quicker in the microwave taking 13 minutes (approx) in total, just assemble the dish put in the microwave on full power. Although the top doesn't brown, it can be sprinkled with a teaspoon of sugar and placed under the browning grill.

This is a cleaner version as in the oven the syrupy juices tend to boil over and spill and stick to the oven floor

This dish is called apple crumble in England , there is a Dutch apple crumble also which has the addition of dried sultanas. (02/28/2007)

By cazpumpkin

Apple Crisp with Vanilla Ice Cream
Apple Crisp Recipes
Apple Cookie Recipes
Apple Cookie Recipes
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
🎉
🎄