Easy Candle Making Instructions

I am looking for an easy way to make candles. I cannot use soy because my husband is allergic to it. I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Jamish from Leoti, Kansas

Answers:

Easy Candle Making Instructions

Do not make candles with a group of children. An adult with 2 children is OK.

Get wax. Either buy a block from a craft store, or melt down a big old white candle that you don't want anymore. (If you use a colored candle, all the colors will mix together, and you might get puce!) Buy candle wick from the crafts store, too. I've used string and it burns poorly.

Use a big coffee can to melt the wax in. Smash the top a bit to make a spout. Put it in a pan of boiling water and melt the wax. This keeps the wax from getting too hot, and protects your nice pan from a nasty coat of wax that is no fun to remove.

Find a mold. Disposable food containers are good, especially if they have no seams. Tie your wick around a pencil and put the pencil on top of the mold so that the wick falls down the center of your mold. When your wax is melted, you can color it by dropping in wax crayons. Pour melted wax into your mold and wait for it to get completely cooled off.

There are all sorts of ways to vary this, but I won't spoil the fun for you by telling you how. Just be sure not to put glass or metal things into a candle. I almost set my house on fire by putting marbles in a candle!

Have a blast. (04/17/2008)

By londa

Making Candles
Making Candles
light showing through heart cutout on finished candle
Making an Orange Candle
Crocheted Drying Hanger
Crocheted Drying Hanger
Paper Mache Lanterns
Making Paper Mache Lanterns
view of finished candle out of the mold
Making Coffee Bean Candles
🎉
🎄