Easy Cheesy Potato Soup

I am looking to a recipe for tastefully simple potato cheddar soup. The authentic product is not in my budget and my kids love it.

By censusgirl65 from Dearborn, MI

Answers:

Cheese Vegetable Soup

• 2 quarts water
  • 1 diced onion
  • 1 cup diced celery
  • 2 1/2 cups diced potatoes
  • 1 10 oz pkg. frozen mixed vegetables (I use just carrots)
  • 4 chicken bouillon cubes

Cook until veggies are tender. Just before serving add:

• 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
Heat until soup and cheese are blended in with veggies. Serve, makes a crockpot full of soup. (09/29/2009)

By redhatterb

Easy Cheesy Potato Soup

This is so good we eat it like fondue, dipping bread. Saute a large onion in olive oil, then add peeled, cubed potatoes (I use about 10 medium potatoes) and sliced carrots (2 or 3) If you have it, you can add celery and/or cauliflower. Saute, stirring often.

Cover with water and chicken base or 2 chicken bouillon cubes, and bring to a boil. When the veggies are tender, puree with a hand held blender, then add shredded cheddar to taste. If you use sharp, you can use less. Other additions that are delicious: 8 oz. cube of cream cheese, or 1/2 cup of sour cream.
(09/29/2009)

By Jeneene

Easy Cheesy Potato Soup

I am a bit late on this, but hope you are still checking. My family's favorite, and it is quick and easy.

Dice up some onion, 1/2 or better, a bit of celery, if you have it handy, as it does add special flavor, even a bit of bell pepper, and saute for a bit in butter or oil of choice. Then using chicken stock, or a mix of stock and water, bring about 4-6 cups or so to a boil, add a couple diced potatoes, and the onion assortment. At this time season with some garlic, either minced, from a jar, or dried, to taste, simmer all for just a few minutes.

When potatoes are tender add instant potato flakes, and cubes of Velveeta, or any cheese that melts well, adding potato until a thickness you like is achieved. Don't overdo the cheese, then when the soup is served, put a bit of cheese on the top, as it is served, and sprinkle a dash of parsley for color, and flavor. You can tweak this to suit flavor strength, but you get the potato, cheese, and all the rich tastes, with minimal peeling of potato, and most of the ingredients are already in the kitchen. Hope you enjoy. (09/30/2009)

By LJF

Bowl of cheesy potato soup with shredded cheese on top in green bowl on a green plaid napkin
Cheesy Potato Soup Recipes
Irish Potato Soup
Irish Potato Soup Recipes
Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup
Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipes
Potato Soup Recipes
Potato Soup Recipes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
🎉
🎄