PiesBaking & Desserts

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

Vote for this contest contender!

One of my favorite low calorie recipes has always been chicken pot pie. The dish is perfect for large families or church dinners because a little goes a long way! And if you live alone like I do, you'll have leftovers for a few days. I think the pot pie is just as good when reheated in the microwave. This recipe is so simple, you can play around with ingredients and substitute, add, or omit to make your own variation of the dish.

Prep Time: 10-15 minutes

Cook Time: 30-35 minutes (boiling and baking)

Total Time: 40-50 minutes

Yield: 8-10 servings

1. Trim the fat off of the chicken breasts and boil them. After you empty the water and they cool a few minutes, tear the breasts into small pieces. Put the shredded pieces back in the pot.
  2. Add cans of soups. You can also add a can of veg-all or cut up fresh veggies. Mix together.
  3. Spread the mixture in a baking pan. I used a 13 x 9 inch pan, which was almost too big. You could use a smaller pan to allow for more chicken in each serving.
  4. Ad
  5. Cover the mixture in crescent rolls. I like the butter flavored, but the original works too. Make sure not to add more than two layers of rolls so they'll be able to cook evenly.
  6. Bake uncovered, following the crescent roll directions. I put mine on 350 degrees F, for about 12 minutes. Cut into 8-10 square sections and serve. The final result is shown in the main photo.
  7. Ad