Easy Newborn Crocheted Booties
Whether they are a gift or for your own baby, these crocheted newborn booties are perfect for keeping those little feet warm. This is a guide about making easy newborn crocheted booties.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Quick, easy, and oh so fun to make. These would be a great shower gift for that sweet little bundle. Baby princes would be just as proud to wear them if you left the flower off and crocheted in blue. Have fun! :)
Total Time: hour or less
Yield: as many as you like
- Caron Simply Soft yarn
- "h" crochet hook
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- Chain 5, join with a slip stitch in the first chain to make a ring.
- Chain 2, 11 half double crochet in the ring, join to chain 2.
- Chain 2, hdc in same stitch, hdc in each of next 3 stitches, 2 hdc in next stitch, hdc in each of next 3 stitches, 2 hdc in next stitch, hdc n each of next 3 stitches, join to top of first chain 2.
- Chain 2, hdc in same stitch, hdc in each of next 4 stitches, 2 hdc in next stitch, hdc in next 2 stitches, 2 hdc in next stitch, hdc in each of next 4 stitches, 2 hdc in next stitch, hdc in last. Join to top of first chain 2.
- Chain 2, 1 hdc in each stitch around, join to top of chain 2.
- Repeat last row 1 time.
- Chain 2, hdc in next 12 stitches. You are only doing a partial row because you have finished the toe part of the bootie and are beginning the body and heel. :)
- Chain 2, turn. 1 hdc in each of next 12 stitches.
- Repeat last row 2 more times.
- Chain 1, single crochet in same space and each to end of your little row. Finish off.
- Assembly is very easy....flatten the back portion of your bootie.
- Fold back portion together like this. See the top?
- See the bottom?
- Join your yarn again at heel, slip stitch seam together, finish off and weave in ends.
- Join yarn with a single crochet on top edge of bootie at heel, work 16 more single crochet around the foot opening. Join with a slip stitch to first sc, finish off and weave in ends.
- Cute plain, especially for baby princes.
- Even cuter with a little rose bud. I used "Tiny Rosebud".
- * I used Caron Simply Soft yarn. This is slightly thinner than your typical #4 worsted weight yarn. If you use a classic #4 Red Heart for example, you will simply end up with a larger bootie. Stitched with Caron, it is just right for "just born."
Click here for Tiny Rosebud instructions.
December 1, 20140 found this helpful
These are so cute, and would make a awesome baby shower gift! You should really consider selling the stuff you make!
February 25, 20150 found this helpful
This video shows you how to make these cute crocheted booties, step by step.
In This Guide