Easy Pie Crust

Ingredients

• 1 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 4 Tbsp. ice water

Directions

Mix ingredients. (It pulls away from bowl.) Roll out on floured board. Fit into pie shell.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Anonymous

I would add a little sugar for flavor.

no salt?

<b>Editor's Note:</b> I'm sure you can add 1/2 teaspoon or less of salt if desired.

This is the pie crust recipe cut in half of what we use at the local church and grange It's so easy to roll. Just let it get cold before you roll. I make the half recipe of this for myself and freeze the rest in pie top size in saran wrap. This is the half recipe, it makes 4 whole pies.

Ingredients

• 8 cups flour
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 4 tsp. salt
  • 3 1/2 cups Crisco
  • 2 Tbsp. vinegar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup water

Directions

Mix flour, sugar, salt and Crisco using a pastry blender or two forks. When well mixed add vinegar, eggs and water. Mix until it will form a ball. Divide and roll out into separate crusts.

It's absolutely fool proof. We have used this recipe to make over 200 pies in one day and believe me, ANYONE can roll it. We sell out of whole baked and frozen pies, plus slices.

Good luck!

By Margaret from Dudley, MA

Would like to make a simple pie crust.

Antoinette from Hawaii

Answers:

Easy Pie Crust Recipe

I don't have the recipe in front of me, but if you go to the Martha Stewart site and look up her Easy Pie Crust or Pastry, it's really great. You can put it together in a food processor in a couple of minutes--and it's so easy even the Pastry-challenged (like me!) can pull it off! (09/25/2007)

By

Easy Pie Crust Recipe

Type in No Fail pie crust and you will find the best pie crust EVER. I use it ALL the time. It has 1 egg and a tiny bit of vinegar (09/25/2007)

By Susieq from Buck head, GA

Easy Pie Crust Recipe

From my mother's 50+ year old cookbook. This is the best one I have ever made, the only one I use, actually.

• 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup shortening
  • 1 teaspoon salt (these days I don't use any salt when cooking for my parents and it turns out just fine)
  • Ad
  • 1/3 cup ice water

Using a pastry blender, cut shortening into flour, add salt. When it's ready, there should be pea-sized bits of flour and shortening. Gradually add up to 1/3 cup ice water - varies due to weather. Use pastry blender a few times to knead it together. When it forms almost a ball, you finish kneading, gently, by hand. Rolls immediately because of the ice water, no need to refrigerate first. (09/25/2007)

By Charlotte

Does anyone have the recipe for an easy pie crust known as "Pat in Pan"? It uses oil instead of butter. - Norma

Answers:

Easy Pie Crust Recipe

Here's one that I have used in the past with pretty good results:

• 1 1/3 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 2 tablespoons cold water

Mix flour, salt and oil until all flour is moistened. Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all water is absorbed.

Gather pastry into a ball. Press in bottom and up side of 9 inch pie plate: flute. Fill and bake as directed in pie recipe or bake before filling is added. Heat oven to 475 degrees F. Prick bottom and sides of pastry thoroughly with fork. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown; cool on wire rack.

I hope this is what you were looking for. Enjoy!! (11/10/2004)

By hugmehugs

Easy Pie Crust Recipe

http://community-2.webtv.net/Astral-Acres/PatinPanPieCrust/

This recipe comes from the kitchen lore of the Amish quilt country. Melted lard was an original ingredient, but vegetable oil has become an accepted substitute.

• 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons SUGAR
  • 1/2 teaspoon SALT
  • 1/2 cup VEGETABLE OIL
  • 3 tablespoons COLD MILK

Place all DRY INGREDIENTS in pie pan and mix thoroughly with your fingers. (Why NOT?)

In measuring cup, add COLD MILK to the VEGETABLE OIL and whisk together with a fork until emulsified.

Add liquid to the pie pan and mix with a fork until ingredients are totally blended.

Press dough against the sides of the pan, spreading the remainder evenly on the bottom. It's a good idea to use a second empty pie pan as a press in order to assure a more uniform thickness.

Flute the crust around the rim of the pan.

Add filling and bake according to directions suggested for a "traditional" open-faced pie.

For a PRE-BAKED crust, prick bottom of pan with a fork and bake at 425 degrees for approximately 15 minutes, checking often for brown-ness.
(11/10/2004)

By Barbie

Easy Pie Crust Recipe

My Husband is a retired baker and when he makes pies at our house this the recipe he uses.

EASY PRESS PIE CRUST

• 1 adn 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 Cup oil
  • 2 Tbsp.Milk
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
Mix and pat in pan.You don't have to roll this out.

Nan in Northwest Iowa (11/10/2004)

By Nancy