Easy Potato Soup

My husband wanted potato soup one night for dinner and I thought I had enough potatoes because I always make things from scratch, discovering that I didn't and we live 30 miles from the nearest store and I couldn't justify going to town for a bag of potatoes. Anyway, I searched the cupboards and found I had some instant potatoes.

So, I cooked the potatoes (4), mashed them till they were in little chunks, added some milk and water and then slowly added the instant potatoes and then seasonings. My husband loved these. They had the chunks of potatoes he likes and the creamy potatoes too. Plus it was much easier to make and didn't take long. Yum!

By RoseMary B.

Easy Potato Soup

Instant potatoes can be added to many cream type soups for added body and flavor. When I make potato soup, I mash the cooked potatoes slighty with a masher right in the pan to make smaller pieces. I have been adding peas to the potato soup in an effort to serve more veggies. Cheese can be added as well. Also, I sometimes use non-dairy creamer for a richer taste, or, evaporated milk. (04/08/2005)

By Pat

Easy Potato Soup

Easy and Lowfat -

• 1 pkg frozen hashbrown potatoes
  • 3 cans chicken broth
  • 1 envelope McCormicks Country Gravy mix
Spray pan with non stick cooking spray and heat potatoes on medium until thawed, add chicken broth and country gravy mix. I also add chopped carrots and celery sometimes. (12/12/2005)

By Mia

Potato Soup Recipes
Potato Soup Recipes
Irish Potato Soup
Irish Potato Soup Recipes
Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup
Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipes
Bowl of cheesy potato soup with shredded cheese on top in green bowl on a green plaid napkin
Cheesy Potato Soup Recipes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup