Easy Shepherd's Pie

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 lbs hamburger, ground round or something that does not have a lot of fat.
  • onions (optional)
  • peppers (optional)
  • Ad
  • 2 cans corn or favorite vegetables (drained)
  • Leftover potatoes or boxed potatoes

Directions

You can add whatever you want to the hamburger; onions, peppers, etc. while you brown the hamburger. Drain hamburger when done.

Put hamburger into a 10 or 12 in pie pan or small square pan whatever you have on hand,

Drain 2 can of corn or favorite vegetables (in cans), I have found corn seems to give this a really good taste. Using the regular soup size cans for your vegetables.

Empty drained corn over hamburger and spread around on top.

Then, if you have at least 2 cups potatoes left over from a meal. Or you can buy a box of potatoes, using the whole box. Use as much butter or salt while making the potatoes as suits your taste. (I have found the more butter and just enough salt make instant potatoes really good.)

Last thing to do spread potatoes over corn. Add a little butter and some pepper on top or cheese, whatever your little heart desires.

Do not cover you do not have to grease the pan either. Put into 350 degree F oven.

Bake for 30 minutes or the potatoes are golden brown.

Note: The nice thing about this recipe is the fact that you can put it together so quickly and you can put it together the night before also using anything but aluminum pans to keep in the frig. Take it out and bake.

If you do this it will take a little longer to bake. depending on how your oven heats. I would say at the least 15 min extra. You can make a salad or have rolls to add to the meal because every thing you need is right there in that pan. I love it! I hope anyone who tries this will like it just as much as I do. You can do just about anything you want for this recipe to make it your own. It's quick and easy and you usually have the items on hand.

Source: The source is my Mother in law, I have been making it for about 30 years.

By Darlene from Fairview, PA

Answers:

Easy Shepherd's Pie

We just had this for dinner last night..The only difference is that we use cans of creamed corn instead..I learned to make this years ago when I married a Frenchman from Quebec,it was a popular meal with his family..And now it is a popular meal within my family... (01/21/2008)

By AuntNawnee

Easy Shepherd's Pie

I make this twice a month. I prefer the taste of frozen veggies, microwaved first and then added, they stay crispy this way.I use the frozen mix of peas and carrots (be careful with the lima beans, they can be hard) and green beans. If you have any cook the veggies in some stock, for even better flavor, or dissolved bouillon plus water per the directions.

Also I save some gravy whenever I make a roast and freeze it, I add it to the beef after its browned. I don't add onions to mine, I don't know why I didn't like the flavor, even though I love onions.

PS I use only 1 lb of ground beef with good results and if you are using instant potatoes, make the recipes that serves 8. That gives good coverage.

PPS Be careful adding any additional spices, it really doesn't need any. Garlic doesn't really go with this dish, even though its seems like it would (I tried that too). (01/22/2008)

By mommamoody

Easy Shepherd's Pie

sounds delicious. if i were to use leftover potatoes, how would i prepare it? thanks
mitra (01/23/2008)

By Mitra

Easy Shepherd's Pie

This is almost the same as how I make mine (my Mom's recipe), but I add a can of condensed tomato soup to the hamburger after it's browned and then stir in the veggies (whatever I have on hand). I'm going to try it with creamed corn, that sounds interesting and I love creamed corn. (02/01/2008)

By payrollgenius

Easy Shepherd's Pie

By payrollgenius

Easy Shepherd's Pie

I use the g-Spout to drain off my greasy hamburger fat. (10/05/2009)

By kim145

Shepherd's Pie Recipes, A classic mash potato topped shepaherd's pie.
Shepherd's Pie Recipes
An apple pie with a delicious looking pie crust.
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
German Shepherd Mix
German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos
pecan pie
Freezing Pecan Pie
Canning Pie Filling, Cherry Pie
Canning Pie Filling
🎉
🎄