Easy Taco Lime Soup

This is so easy and so yummy! It is made of healthy ingredients, makes a lot in a short amount of time, and is very satisfying and filling.

• 2-3 chicken breasts -cooked (cubed or shredded)
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can pinto beans
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • dash of sugar
  • 1-2 limes or lime juice
  • corn tortilla chips
  • Optional: shredded cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning

Prepare chicken breasts, or use leftovers. Pour cans of black and pinto beans, corn, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cooked cubed or shredded chicken breasts, and dash of sugar in a large saucepan. Heat to boiling, and reduce heat to low to keep soup warm for serving.

You can just serve or eat it how it is, or you can put tortilla chips in a bowl, squeeze lime juice on the chips and add shredded cheese and/or sour cream. Pour soup over the top and serve!

If you like taco seasoning, you can add that (I personally like it without!)

Servings: 6-8
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
10 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: My sister-in-law Whit

By Lindsay from St George, UT

Easy Taco Lime Soup

I'm a vegetarian so I'll leave out the chicken, but besides the meat, This recipe sounds SO very YUMMY! It was the lime juice that called my name! I love things that are a bit tart. I can't wait to try it. I'll make up a batch and freeze 1 cup portions in zip-lock baggies to microwave later. Thank you for posting it! (04/26/2009)

By Cyinda

Mexican Taco Soup
Taco Soup Recipes
Shrimp Tacos
Seafood Taco Recipes
Taco Bake on Picnic Table
Taco Bake Recipes
Slice of Key Lime Pie on Blue Plate with Fork
Key Lime Pie Recipes
Using Lime Leaves
Using Lime Leaves