Egg Cartons For Seedlings

Paper egg cartons work wonders for starting your seedlings! Cut off the top of the carton and place under the egg compartments. Add seedling mix and seeds. When you water, the paper carton will hold the moisture for a long time and it adds support for handling. When you're ready to transplant, just break off each section. You can plant the biodegradable carton sections, with the seedling, to reduce transplanting shock.

By Laurie from Fairbanks, AK

Egg Cartons For Seedlings

I used to love using the paper cartons! Unfortunately I haven't seen them in years now. So what I do is use the styrofoam ones. Only before putting the dirt in the cups I poke some holes in the bottoms of the cups with a fork. This allows for drainage. I cut the top of the carton off and place it under the bottom to catch the drainage. (03/10/2010)

By Cricketnc

Egg Cartons For Seedlings
Seedlings in a egg carton.
Uses for Egg Cartons
Egg Carton Pumpkin
Crafts Using Egg Cartons
Starting Seedlings
Starting Seedlings
aster seedlings
Keeping Seedlings From Dying