Eggless, Milkless and Butterless Cake

This is a delicious and inexpensive cake, that all my children loved. Give it a try. I am sure it will become a favorite of your family's too!

In a saucepan put: 1 cup sugar, 1 cup raisins, 1/2 cup shortening, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon cloves, and 1 cup hot water. Bring to a boil.

Cool, then add: 1 3/4 cup flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in a little warm water.

Mix well, put into small baking pan, and bake at 350F, 25 to 30 minutes, or until done in the center. You can serve it as is, or sprinkle with powdered sugar or add a thin glaze.

By Jen

Eggless, Milkless and Butterless Cake

I loved seeing this old family recipe on the newsletter . I just made it this week too..

We call it War Cake, because it came about due to the shortages during WW1, So it's an OLD recipe :_)

By Lisa

Eggless, Milkless and Butterless Cake

Hi, your recipe is a little different from the way my mother made the cake which we used to call 'soggy cake' because it was so moist. I'm 69 and my mother made this cake long before I was born mainly because of shortages of eggs, butter and milk. The one thing she always added that you don't show was 1/4 cup of cocoa powder so we would have chocolate cake. (09/05/2004)

By Judy

Eggless, Milkless and Butterless Cake
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Eggless Vegan Cake
Eggless Cake Recipes
Eggless Sponge Cake
Eggless Sponge Cake Recipes
vegan carrot cake
Eggless Dairy Free Cake Recipes