Emergency Envelope

I have in my purse a large (#10) envelope, orange, my favorite color. In this envelope, I keep my medical/insurance cards for when I go to the doctor. Also a card that lists all my medications with dosages, allergies (none), family emergency names and phones, doctor's name, hospital choice, a special eye card concerning eye surgery I had, and pharmacy card. My family knows if there is ever an emergency where this orange envelope is and they can tell medical people where to find it if they (the family) aren't there as yet. When my kids were little, I kept info on them, shots, illnesses, doctor info, etc, on cards in my purse too, saved a lot of memory searching if they went to ER, etc.

By Linda from Bloomington

Answers:

Emergency Envelope

I always kept my kid's shot records in the diaper bag, and now, with my youngest having epilepsy, I have created the Book. It is a three ring binder with separators and page protectors: one for medication information, last er visit and log (for follow up info), directions and test information for the neurologist and diagnostics, and any other information pertinent. We went to the er twice in three days, and a battery of appointments soon after, so the need for all information in one place was a necessity! We also keep a copy of the MRIs in case we go out of town, or a new doc needs to see him (saves explaining every incident by memory!) Because of the size, we keep it in a backpack with extra toys, diapers, and adult personal items (for Murphy's Law) so it can be taken at a moment's notice. (06/07/2006)

By camo_angels

Emergency Envelope

Great ideas! I recently made myself a little medical "photo album"....My husband, myself and one of our children takes medication so I took the print off-s that come with our CVS receipts (stapled to the bag) and put ea in a pocket of the photo album. It's one of those small size albums, with space for perhaps 12 photos, 4 x 6 size. I also typed up pages with our Dr's names with addresses and phone numbers. Our kids had to go to several Dr's after we adopted them and have different things done and treatments and such. I hate to try and remember all that stuff so if I could compile it all and add that to the album that would sure be a time and memory saver!

I do not keep our insurance cards in this album but rather in my wallet. I don't know if I'd ever lose the little photo album but it's always a possibility I could misplace it so feel keeping ins cards in my wallet is safer. (06/07/2006)

By Debbie52

A woman in a doctor's office.
Keeping Emergency Information Handy
Emergency Reflector
Make Your Own Emergency Reflectors
Prepare your home for an emergency.
Preparing For Emergency Situations
Dog looking sad.
Emergency Preparedness Tips for Pet Owners
Sealed Envelope
Opening a Sealed Envelope
🎄