Engagement Party Etiquette

When is it improper to not attend an engagement party?

By hrp7393 from Cornelius, NC

Answers:

Engagement Party Etiquette

Engagement parties started years ago as a Jewish tradition, and back then Jewish girls didn't have bridal showers.

I assume the bride and groom will be expecting gifts at both the bridal shower and wedding reception. If they are expecting gifts at the engagement party as well, if that is a problem for you, I would skip the engagement party.

No, it is not mandatory that you go. You can just say you have conflicting plans and leave it at that. (05/07/2009)

By Anonymous

Engagement Party Etiquette

If I am invited to both the wedding and shower and I go to the shower then I take a gift to the shower and not the wedding. I understood that the gifts at the wedding were usually from people who lived out of town or could not come to the shower for whatever reason. Most people can't afford to give a gift at all the showers or parties held for couples now a days. You don't have to go to the engagement party. (05/15/2009)

By Teresa Kay

Four women sitting on a couch at an engagement party surrounded by cupcakes, treats and gifts.  One is wearing a gigantic plastic diamond ring
Engagement Party Etiquette
Museum Themed Party
Throwing Museum Themed Party
Buying an Engagement Ring, A diamond engagement ring.
Buying an Engagement Ring
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
Young woman at her engagement party.
Planning an Engagement Party
🎉
🎄