Engagement Party Ideas

Two good friends of mine are getting married. I'm holding an engagement party. I need some ideas for games and stuff to do. I've never done this

before. What are some good games to play, trivia, whatever can we do?
- Susan

Answers:

Engagement Party Ideas

Hi,

I didn't have an engagement party myself nor have I attended one so I did some research on the web. I didn't find much information about engagement parties.
Here's what I did find.

1. Engagement parties are anything goes. They can be outdoor barbeques, indoor receptions or formal. Whatever you decide will be fine.

2. The purpose of an engagement party is so the friends and families of the couple can get to know each other before the wedding.

3. Gifts are not required for an engagement party but any party is a good excuse for gifts. Good gift ideas are household goods or money. (You could set up a money tree so party goers could clip money on to the tree.)

Here's some ideas I have:

Let's call the couple Bob and Carol.

Anything that gets Bob and Carol's friends and family to get to know one another is helpful. Games could be anything interactive. "The first time I met Bob was _____."

You could also ask family and friends to bring a picture of Bob and Carol or them together as a couple.

One thing that would be helpful is name tags so people can know the name and relationship to Bob or Carol. You can print out some cute name tags on your computer and put them in plastic pin-on name card holders or stick on types that are available at most office supply stores. You could print out:

Carol's _______ (relationship) _____________ (Name)

So they could fill out "Carol's Friend Stacy" or "Bob's Mom Mary"

This will be a good ice breaker all on it's own. Hope this helps. (03/20/2002)

By Susan

Engagement Party Ideas

Save all bows from the gifts and have the maid of honor attach them to a paper plate. This is the "bouquet" for the rehearsal dinner. Bake two bundt cakes (shaped like circles for the rings) one for the men and one for the women. Put a large half dollar piece one in each cake, the "couple" that finds it is then forced to lead the room in the funky chicken dance, but given a prize for their embarrassment. (08/27/2004)

By Suzanne S.

Engagement Party Ideas

Repeat after me: money trees are tacky, tacky, tacky! (08/26/2005)

By Frances

Engagement Party Ideas

We played a kind of trivia game. How much do you know about the bride and groom? Whoever gets the most answers right wins a little prize, it was fun. (06/17/2006)

By Kelly

Engagement Party Ideas

We are having our engagement party on the 25th. I am playing a game that I call Randy & Shelli trivia. I have about 20 preplanned questions like where did they meet? The person who correctly shouts out the answer gets to pick a prize from the prize table which are things I picked up at the dollar store. I am hoping this game will get everyone involved in the party and be a good ice breaker. (08/10/2007)

By shelli

Young woman at her engagement party.
Planning an Engagement Party
Buying an Engagement Ring, A diamond engagement ring.
Buying an Engagement Ring
Four women sitting on a couch at an engagement party surrounded by cupcakes, treats and gifts.  One is wearing a gigantic plastic diamond ring
Engagement Party Etiquette
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
Fresh Fruit Cakes Being PRepared
Party Food Ideas
🎉
🎄