Erasing Permanent Marker from Laminated Paper

Laminated pieces of paper that need to have permanent marker removed from them.
Nail polish remover is what you need to remove permanent marker from your laminated projects. This is a guide about erasing permanent marker from laminated paper.

When I taught Pre-K, I laminated everything! Doing this helped make all of my activities, charts, and schedules last quite a bit longer. Not only that, but I was able to write on these laminated surfaces with permanent marker, erase, and reuse them. I did this with name tags, cubby tags, center signs, word wall words, classroom decorations, and so much more!

What made this possible? Nail polish remover was and is my magic eraser. You can simply pour some on a cotton ball or paper towel and wipe marker off of the laminated paper. And if you can't stand the nail polish remover smell, hand sanitizer works on most markers. If you use Sharpies, you better stick with nail polish remover to erase it though! Instead, you could try Bic or a dollar store brand.

Top Comment

I'm a retired educational assistant and worked in kindergarten for many years, I had laminated items such as this and they were very useful to me and the students and I used hand sanitizer to erase the laminated sheets. I have also used the finger nail polish remover also which works excellent.

Top Comment

When I first started teaching, I was amazed at the nail polish remover 'trick' for removing marker. Haha I now use that or hand sanitizer at my current office job and at home. It is a fabulous way to limit paper waste; that's for sure! And the kids I've tutored love using laminated activities and games where they can use permanent marker! It's like they are getting to do something illegal! Ha