Excessive Sweating

How can I stop excessive sweating? I use antiperspirants, but that doesn't help, also I can't use it all on my face or all over my body. What can I do? Since I live in the deep south, this is a real problem for me.

P Sanders from Deep South MS

Answers:

Excessive Sweating

I too live in the south (SC so I know your pain. If you are a middle aged female, it's probably hormonal. If not, it could be glandular or metabolic. It can be a reaction to meds. You probably need to see a doctor for a work up. They can prescribe prescription strength antiperspirants and/or use botox to essentially freeze or stop the perspiration from certain glands. You have to be careful about over heating though, because it's the perspiration that cools your body temperature off when it's hot. So if you stop the perspiration, you could get heat stroke. (06/14/2007)

By Deb in SC

Excessive Sweating

Use Certain Dri, it is available at most stores like Walgreens and Target. Apply it at night before going to sleep and go about your normal routine the next day. It really worked for me, I hardly use it now. (06/14/2007)

By Kimberlee

Excessive Sweating

Have your doctor give you a prescription for Drysol. This was originally used for sweating feet. However, it works under your arms, too. I had a terrible sweating problem for years, but the Drysol did the trick. Apply right after a shower. I think you will only have to use it once or twice a week, but check the directions. I always recommend Drysol. It was a lifesaver for me. I found out about Drysol from a Dear Abby column when a reader had asked Abby for advice to stop sweating. (06/15/2007)

By Sally

Excessive Sweating

Also a quick tip is find cold or cool water and place both your wrists in it, this seems to cool me down and I have been a "hottie" since childhood. (06/15/2007)

By meoowmom

Excessive Sweating

If you are overweight it could be the "fat insulation".
I am thirty pounds heavier than I used to be, I sweat a whole lot more than I used to. (06/17/2007)

By Lily May

Excessive Sweating

You should check out the following website for excessive sweating problems:

bye-bye-excessive-armpit-sweat.com

It has all types of resources, treatments, and even cures for excessive sweating and hyperhidrosis. (10/23/2007)

By Mechdawrek

Excessive Sweating

There are quite a number of alternatives to antiperspirants that can help with excessive sweating. There are some oral medications available to help stop the sweating. Talk to your doctor about the problem and he may prescribe anticholinergic or antidepressant drugs to help you control the sweating.

There's also a current buzz about injecting Botox to stop excessive sweating. However, as you sweat also on your face and body, Botox may not seem feasible.

Participating in some form of mediation or self hypnosis may be able to help reduce the sweating if you experience excessive sweating when you are feeling anxious, depressed, or nervous. Try avoiding smoking, caffeine, alcohol, and spicy foods which can cause sweating.

You may also want to find out more information at:

stopsweatinghelp.com (07/16/2009)

By newsbuzz

Excessive Sweating
Remedies for Excessive Sweating
Drying Out a Sweating Salt Lamp
Drying Out a Sweating Salt Lamp
Fixing a Sweating Toilet
Fixing a Sweating Toilet
Sweating Feet
Remedies for Sweating Feet
Cat With Itchy Skin
Remedies for a Cat With Itchy Skin
🎉
🎄