Extending the Life of Cellphone and Computer Batteries

Category Maintenance
charging electronics
Many of us rely on our phones and computers to be mobile at all times. However, that requires your device to be charged and stay charged as long as you need to use it. This is a guide about extending the life of cellphone and computer batteries.

A common battery in cordless phones and computers is nickel-cadmium. Ever wonder why your nickel-cadmium (NiCad's) don't last as long as they should? You may be overcharging them. Most people's tendancy is to put the phone back on the charger between uses, or to use their laptop plugged-in instead of running down the battery, never letting the battery run down too far. Overtime this will reduce the amount of charge your battery can hold.

To help condition your batteries, let your phone or computer batteries run down once a month to the point that the battery is nearly out of life. Then charge it fully. This will prolong the life of the battery and maintain the length of charge you expect for longer.

How can I get the battery life in my Razor cell phone to last for more than 3 hours?

By JohnnyA from San Francisco, CA

Answers

Turn down the back light and lower the seconds it stays lit. This should help.

If a new battery, still under warranty. get a new one from phone company.

If not, there are so many batteries on ebay. I get our whole family's there. Never paid more than $2 for an O E M battery.

I was just told by a Verizon rep last week to do a soft reset on the battery on my Razor by holding down the volume and the power button at the same time until it resets. It has helped with my battery longevity since I did this. He said this is like taking the battery out used to be on older phones.

My Proscan tablet battery stopped charging. I finally managed to recharge it with great difficulty. I would appreciate any advice on how to lengthen the life of my tablet's battery?

By Karen

Suggest you request help from the store where purchased, online tablet sites, etc.