Faded UGG Boots

I have had my Uggs for two years and now the salt stains from the winter has finally gotten to them and faded them. Is there anyway to clean them and restore the color?

Shea

Answers:

Faded UGG Boots

Well, if were me, and they were pretty "trashed", I'd go an unconventional route: I'd first take a stiff brush (like the kind you'd buy at $1 store for scrubbing floors) made of synthetic bristles. You might also think about using a metal brush (like the kind you use to remove old paint), then scrub the pile of the suede with the brush. Brushing will not only help the pile of the suede look better, it will also help clean off any dust and dried on dirt.

Next, (and this is the unconventional part) I'd go to a place that sells dried and silk flowers. They sell this wonderful transparent (permanent) coloring spray for dried flowers. My granddaughter's Uggs are light pink. I don't know what color yours are, but this stuff comes in many, many colors. (If I were doing her Uggs, I'd buy a light pink color). It's in a spray can (don't buy the stuff in a pump bottle, as this kind splatters). It's looks like a "spray paint", but it acts more like a dye, bcause of it's transparency.

This transparent dye/paint could really freshen up your Uggs. If it were me, I'd buy the same color as the boots were originally. You can always add a second coat to darken them up a bit if you like. When they are totally dry, brush them with the scrub brush again to help lift up the pile of the suede. (or fake suede, whatever they are made of).

* If you don't like the idea of going through all this hassle, then look in your local yellow pages under "Boot Repair" or "Shoe Repair". These shoe and boot repairmen can really work wonders. Why not let them have ago at it? (02/21/2008)

By Cyinda

Faded UGG Boots

Get a suede brush, either nylon or metal bristles; could be that the "fading" you see is just a buildup of salt crystals on the suede that just need to be brushed off. When salt is diluted and spread on a surface then dried, it leaves a whitish haze that could be mistaken for fading. I have had better luck cleaning it from suede than leather, which tends to absorb the moisture and leave a border of salt crystals embedded in the leather. Good luck; start out gentle, then if you determine it to be a lost cause you can be rough and see if that will work. (02/21/2008)

By purrplekat

Faded UGG Boots

Probably best to Clean the boots using Uggs Cleaner and Conditioner. To find it, together with instructions for use on this site about Uggs:

squidoo.com

(09/24/2008)

By Galso

Faded UGG Boots

Alternatively you can go to uggbootrepairs.com and they'll do it for you. They did a great job on mine, especially sorting out the water stains on the front. (10/19/2008)

By Jessica

Faded UGG Boots

I had the same problem I had a ring of salt on my boot. If you go to any shoe store that sells UGGS you can get this special cleaning spray that you spray all over the boot than let it dry for about 10 minutes. It works great. (11/09/2008)

Faded UGG Boots
work boots
Removing Diesel Fuel from Shoes and Boots
Ugg Boots
Cleaning Ugg Boots
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
snow boots
Keeping Snow Out of Boots
🎉
🎄