Family Reunion Prize Ideas

We will be attending my husband's family reunion this weekend. It is his branch of the family's turn to be in charge and I am to provide the gifts. I want to have some fun with it and have some tasteful gag gifts where each branch of the family receives something.

What categories should I use other than the person who traveled the most miles? Remember: it's this weekend and I don't want to spend a lot of time or money. What fun things have you done on your reunions?

By bmillie from Williamsburg, VA

Family Reunion Prize Ideas

Check out the new issue of Family Fun Magazine (Aug 2009). It has some great suggestions for a family reunion weekend. You may get some good ideas. I thought they were great. They gave some ideas on categories that they give prizes for. (07/16/2009)

By Arlinn

Family Reunion Prize Ideas

We always had a prize for the oldest in attendance and the youngest and then played games for the rest. (07/17/2009)

By Beth

Family Reunion Prize Ideas

How about the shortest distance?
Prize: a map

The one with the most children?
Prize: M&M Birth control pills

Or grandchildren?
Prize: A photo album (from the dollar store)

Who's been married the longest?
Prize: A marriage certificate for the longest marriage (made at home on the computer).

These are just off the top of my head. (07/17/2009)

By Debbie-Jenn

Family Reunion Prize Ideas

Hit the dollar stores, and what my friends and I affectionately call the "Dirt Mall"-the flea market. You'll find stuff that's unique and affordable! (07/17/2009)

By damaged05170

Family Reunion Prize Ideas

-Largest handbag (or purse, whatever you call them) and disqualify anyone who is carrying more than one (unless it's a diaper bag...don't know what to do about that).

-Largest number of lipsticks in purse.

-Largest number of knives in or on pants.

-Most unusual job (and most unusual job--retired from).

-Number of states you've lived in

-Number of states you've visited. (07/19/2009)

By tennesue

Photo of a family reunion.
Family Reunion Prize Ideas
Extended Family Portrait
Starting a Family Reunion Tradition
A holiday wrapped gift.
Game Prize Ideas for Holiday Gatherings
Woman with Gag Gift for Family Reunion
Gag Gifts for Family Reunion
High School Reunion
Making Memory Books for a High School Reunion