Favorite Tips from ThriftyFun

My favorite tips that I use all of the time are:

• Use your blow dryer on your bathroom mirror when it fogs up; the heat will help clear it.
  • Ad

• When baking a chocolate cake from a mix and you need to grease and flour a pan; use some of the cake mix instead of flour and you won't have white flour on your chocolate cake.

• For fresh laundry, use white vinegar in your rinse cycle. This was especially helpful for the "stinky towel" issue.

• For underarm odor, use a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol to clean the underarm area, let dry, then apply deodorant. I have suffered with underarm odor since adolescence and I have finally found a cure!

I just love this site, how about you? What are your favorite tips that you got from ThriftyFun submissions?

By Paula from Christmas, MI

Answers:

My Favorite Tips from ThriftyFun

Please be extremely careful with rubbing alcohol which can be absorbed through the skin, as little as 30ml can cause fatal poisoning (02/09/2007)

By

My Favorite Tips from ThriftyFun

The tip I really liked was someone carefully sewed two twin electric blankets together to make one large one, which gave her two controls (one for each side). Ended up costing less than trying to buy one big one, too. I love this site, and read it everyday. There's just too many great tips to list them all, but the above one really stuck in mind, and I'm going to use it! (02/10/2007)

By theroadrunnerla

My Favorite Tips from ThriftyFun

I use powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar) instead of flour when greasing any pan when baking cakes, desserts. It solves the problem by being absorbed into "whatever" while baking. There are no white markings on the finished baked goodies.

You are wished a rainbow-filled day !
(03/09/2007)

By BgMamma001

My Favorite Tips from ThriftyFun

I forgot the one I use all the time! I used a knee-hi nylon over my washing machine hose to catch all the lint! One over-flowing washtub, and you are desperate for a cure! (03/09/2007)

By Persnickety Paula

My Favorite Tips from ThriftyFun

I'm always making copies, so I liked learning this one: Highlight only the parts you want copied, then when you go to print press "selection". This saves me a lot of paper. (03/09/2007)

By Sandy

Favorite Tips from ThriftyFun
ThriftyFun
Using ThriftyFun
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Michigan Christmas Charities
Oregon Christmas Charities
Natural Cleaning Products
Thrifty Cleaning Ideas
🎉
🎄