Feeding Baltimore Orioles

I was looking in a catalog today and with the hummingbird supplies it had an oriole feeder that held a jelly/jam jar. There was also a feeder very similar to a hummingbird feeder and a solution for nectar for orioles right beside the nectar solution for hummers.

We have seen an oriole in our yard several times so we are interested in finding out if one of these feeders actually works and if the one similar to a hummer feeder is a hummer feeder? Also can the solution be made as it can for hummers (a 4 water to 1 sugar solution)?

Thanks for any input.

By Suntydt from Tazewell, TN

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Both Baltimore orioles and orchard orioles will eat the same sugar mix as the hummingbirds. I buy simple feeders as they are the easiest to clean and keep, and all of the birds in my yard happily share them. You just need to put out several to allow for as many visitors as you have.

I have constant customers including red-bellied woodpeckers, hairy woodpeckers, humming birds, orchard and Baltimore orioles, and I've even had house finches and several birds that I didn't have time to identify!

Just be sure to clean the feeders at least every other day to keep mold from growing as that will kill the birds. You can use a vinegar solution that will disinfect the feeder and will not harm the birds (like bleach can).

Enjoy!

Home and Garden Gardening Birds & Bird HousesJune 8, 2011
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Foliar Feeding
Foliar Feeding for Garden Plants
Stray cat in a doorway.
Feeding Stray Cats
Teens Eating Pizza
Saving Money on Feeding Teens
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:42:25 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.