Making a Felt Christmas Tree
Make your little one this cute felt tree so that she or he too can help decorate for the holidays. This is a guide about felt Christmas tree
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My mom and I made this tree for my son so that he could share in the decorating fun this year.
- Felt Tree:
- 1 yd green felt
- cardboard or poster board
- spray adhesive
- Felt Ornaments:
- felt (various colors)
- embroidery floss
- sewing needle
- Create a tree template using poster board. Make sure to leave large overlaps behind each piece to attach the tree together. NOTE: Make the smallest top piece, then lay it down and draw the next piece. Repeat until you have drawn templates for all 4 pieces.
- Use spray adhesive to attach the tree templates to the felt. Allow the adhesive to dry according to the directions.
- Use scissors to cut out the tree pieces.
- Attach the tree pieces together using hot glue.
- Cut out a trunk and glue it to the back of the tree.
- Create a felt flap and glue it to the back of the tree at the top. (You will use this to hang the tree on the wall with thumbtacks.)
- Create ornaments templates out of cardboard. They can be as simple or detailed as you want. Click Here for detailed instructions for making each ornament.
- Have fun!
December 3, 20140 found this helpful
This is a guide about making felt ornaments. These ornaments are perfect for using on a felt Christmas tree.