Festive Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments

Festive Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments
Festive Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments

These are extremely easy to make and the results are so cute and Christmasy!

Mix equal parts of applesauce and cinnamon. (1 cup applesauce/1 cup cinnamon) Mix until a soft and perhaps sticky dough is formed.

Roll the dough out or press with hands until it is approximately 1/4 inch thick. Using your favorite Christmas cookie cutters, cut out as many shapes as possible and place them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Use a straw to cut out holes in the ornaments.

Let your ornaments set in a dry place for 2-3 days until they are dry and hard. Caution: They will still be fragile, so you should be gentle with them. Cut ribbon to the lengths you want and tie through the holes in the ornaments.

Your ornaments can be used for your tree or tied to the top of Christmas gifts. The scent should last up to 3 years!

Here are some of the ornaments I made. I used 2 cups cinnamon and 2 cups applesauce and I ended up with about 33 ornaments. I also added some pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg to enhance the scent. Instead of ribbons I used crochet thread and chain stitched my "ribbons."

By Janellio from PA

Festive Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments

Several years ago my friend and I made a lot of these. In order to strengthen them, we added a little bit of Elmer's glue. I don't remember how much we used but I do know that it was not a lot. Good Luck!! (12/14/2007)

By matjat

Festive Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments

I like those, they are simple and they smell nice, it's a can't-miss! (12/14/2007)

By kimhis

Festive Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments

I made some of these this weekend. They are super easy and adorable! I love the idea of attaching them to gifts. (12/16/2007)

By Sherri

Applesauce Cinnamon Christmas Ornaments
bell shaped cookie Christmas ornament
Making Cinnamon Applesauce Christmas Ornaments
Canning Applesauce
Canning Applesauce
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments